Veya was born to Tayva Releth and Eris Releth, a councilor of House Redoran. As a result, the Releth family was very influential in House politics, and Veya grew up in a fairly privileged childhood. She and her older brother Ulran would sometimes sneak out to see Morag Tong assassin Naryu Virian train with her blades. The three of them became very close, considering Naryu to be an older sister to them. Veya also knew Captain Brivan as a child, and Brivan later became friends with Veya's brother Ulran during their guard service. Following Ulran's mysterious exile, Veya left her family without warning to go secretly train with Naryu Virian as her assassin apprentice.
Once Veya is defeated in combat, she will be incapacitated, requiring the Vestige to speak with Naryu about her fate. If they choose to have her killed, Naryu will ask the Vestige to leave while she gives Veya a swift death, later mourning her when she is met again. If she is spared, Naryu will be at the docks of Vivec City, sending Veya to the Summerset Isles so that she can finish her training and start fresh. When speaking to her, she will apologize for her actions and remark that the death of her brother caused her to not think straight, though does not blame the Vestige for not forgiving her.
After the Vestige loses the ability to communicate with Earl Leythen and he fully disappears, Veya appears and reveals herself to be the Champion of Nocturnal.
|Azura Shrine: Family Reunion|
|If you choose to have Naryu spare Veya, she will be at the Vivec City docks after the completion of the quest:
"Naryu thought you might stop by. You probably hate me and I completely understand. I'm still glad you showed up though."
- She is the author of the books Veya's Private Thoughts, Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 4 in The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset.
- Veya is voiced by Helen Sadler, who also did the voice for High Priestess Solgra.
- In the Dark Brotherhood DLC, a seer named Louna says "Her fate is the worst of all. Her daughter causes the world to burn. Or she could. The future is a fluid thing." when asked about Naryu Virian. The "daughter" of hers mentioned could possibly be Veya, as Naryu has a motherly behavior towards Veya.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Watch a special video message from the talented @helensadler, voice of ESO Morrowind's Veya! ― TESOnline, Twitter
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Dialogue with Naryu Virian
- ↑ Dialogue with Captain Brivan
- ↑ Straight from Vvardenfell, Veya voice actor @helensadler came by the Bethesda booth at E3 2017! ― TESOnline, Twitter