Vicente Valtieri is a Breton member of the Dark Brotherhood, residing in the Cheydinhal Sanctuary. He became a vampire on an expedition to Morrowind and has been a member of the Dark Brotherhood for over two hundred years.
Vicente was on an expedition into the Ashlands of Vvardenfell over three hundred years ago before the player meets him. It was on this trip that he was turned into a vampire. For nearly one hundred years after that he hunted in secret, until he the Dark Brotherhood found him.
Once he was accepted into the Dark Brotherhood by the Night Mother, he climbed up the ranks until he reached the rank of Executioner. It is not revealed why he was not promoted further. He continued completing and assigning missions to other family members. In the year 3E 433, Lucien Lachance recruited the Hero of Kvatch, whom Vicente was assigned to as overseer for a time.
Vicente Valtieri exhibits the pronounced features of a vampire who hasn't fed in many days. He has red eyes, sunken cheeks, pale coloring and visible fangs. He is utterly devoted to the Dark Brotherhood and is polite and quite friendly to its members, even offering to pass on his "dark gift" when he judges someone worthy.
- Welcome to the Family
- To Serve Sithis
- The Assassinated Man
- Scheduled for Execution
- The Purification
- No Rest for the Wicked
- My Brother's Keeper
- Darkness Eternal
- Blood of the Damned
- Accidents Happen
- A Watery Grave
(At the first meeting) "Warmest greetings to you. I trust you've already spoken with Ocheeva? I am Vicente Valtieri. I provide assignments for all new family members. Please, do not let my appearance... unnerve you. The needs and Tenets of the Dark Brotherhood come before my own needs as a vampire. Now, if you're ready to get to work, I can provide you with your first contract."
(After accepting the Dark Gift) "Greetings... greetings fellow stalker of the damned! Enjoy your new gift. And don't forget to speak with Ocheeva! She has a contract waiting for you."
(After completing "My Brother's Keeper," if the Hero fulfills the requirements) "Well now, you are an ambitious one, aren't you? I'm afraid I have no more contracts for you. Our time working together has come to an end. Instead, you must report to Ocheeva, here in the Sanctuary. She will be providing all your contracts from now on, and is waiting for you as we speak. Before you go, however, I intend to make good on an offer I made some time ago. As a vampire, I may pass my gift on to others as I see fit. You have served me well, and I choose now to extend that gift to you. Shall I use my dark powers and turn you into a vampire?"
Bonus: "Some contracts are straightforward. Find the target, eliminate them, then return to the Sanctuary. No time limits or complications. However, many of our clients request that their contracts be carried out in a specific manner. A certain place, a certain method of elimination. We try to honor these requests whenever possible. After all, the Dark Brotherhood's reputation has been built on providing... good service. Any Brother or Sister who can complete a contract while following a specific request will receive a valuable bonus, oftentimes a powerful magic item."
Cure for Vampirism: "A cure? Yes... Yes, I believe it's possible. A mage named Raminus Polus has done some research. He's in the Imperial City, at the Arcane University."
Dark Gift: "Ah, you are interested, then? Shall I pass along the terrible power of my Dark Gift? Do you wish to become a vampire?"
- Yes, turn me into a vampire. "Most excellent! Here is what you must do. Simply go to sleep here in the Sanctuary, at any time, and I will visit you as you slumber. I will wrap you in vampirism's dark embrace. You'll never even know I was there. But when you awaken, we will be of the same blood. Once infected with vampirism, you must wait three days and then sleep once more. Then the Dark Gift will truly take hold. Sleep now, and awake anew!"
- No, not right now, thank you. "Yes, I can understand your trepidation. For it is not everyday one is invited to join the ranks of the undead, eh? If you ever change your mind, fear not. My offer will always be open. Simply return and speak to me about the Dark Gift, and we can proceed."
Lucien Lachance: "When I first joined the family, this Sanctuary was controlled by another Speaker. Lucien took over when she was killed while fulfilling a contract."
Night Mother: "The Night Mother speaks to only one member of the Dark Brotherhood -- the Listener of the Black Hand. And when Our Lady speaks, death follows."
Sanctuary: "This Sanctuary has been here since before even I joined the Dark Brotherhood, and that was two-hundred years ago."
Sithis: "Sithis is the darkness of time immemorial. He is no Daedra, and dwells not in the realm of Oblivion. No, Sithis is something altogether... different."
Special arrangement: "The Dark Brotherhood is not in the business of staging deaths, no matter how much gold is offered. Sithis demands blood, and blood must be paid. In order to accept the contract, we demanded a life. Motierre offered his mother, and we accepted. Lucien has already taken care of that... detail."
Vampire: "I was stricken with vampirism three-hundred years ago, while on an expedition deep into the Ashlands of Vvardenfell. For nearly a hundred years I hunted in secret, until the Dark Brotherhood found me. Now I have a family that accepts and even values my unique gifts. Perhaps in the future, when I feel you have earned the right, I will offer you a chance to become a hunter of the night."
Rumors: "The Count of Skingrad is not all he seems. Let's just say I'm not the only one who enjoys his evenings..."
- A note in Valtieri's room reveals that he has a strange weakness to garlic, unlike any other vampire in Cyrodiil.
- It should be noted that Vicente's name is unique for his race because it is of Latin origin, the French version being Vincent Valtière.
- While most Bretons have French-sounding names and Imperials Latin-sounding names, Vicente is the opposite.
- Even though he looks as if he has not fed for a long time, he has bottles of human blood in the Chest in his room, and he will even give the Hero the key if he is spoken to correctly.
- When asked for rumors, he may discuss the Count of Skingrad and provides a hint to his true nature.