Tyranus asks the Dragonborn to help him while he investigates a possible Daedric Cult in an Abandoned House. During the raid, objects float across the room, apparently moved by some sort of a mystical force. A disembodied voice tells the Dragonborn to kill Tyranus. If they do not respond, Tyranus is driven mad by the disembodied voice and will say "it's you or me," then attacks. In any case, Tyranus must be killed so that the Dragonborn can exit the Abandoned House.
Tyranus "So you don't know anything about this house?"
Tyranus "Anyone seen entering or leaving? Any strange lights or unusual noises?"
Yngvar "Its abandoned and its always been abandoned."
This section contains bugs related to Vigilant Tyranus. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Tyranus may sometimes attack on sight. This is caused by eventually having Daedric Artifacts one's inventory whilst walking near him. Markarth guards may or may not attack Tyranus until he takes a knee: he cannot be killed, as he is essential. Violent retaliation by the Dragonborn is not considered a crime; however, Tyranus will not desist until the Dragonborn leaves Markarth via the City gate, and gets far enough away from him to break the chase.
- This can sometimes be remedied by entering the Temple of Dibella's Inner Sanctum.
- This can also be fixed by removing any bounty one may have in the hold, regardless of amount.
- Tyranus may sometimes never stand outside The Abandoned House. This can sometimes be fixed by leaving the city via the gate and then going back inside. Another problem is that he can be stuck on the stairs right outside the city gate.
Tyrannus may spawn right outside of the Markarth main gates in the river off to the right. After initiating conversation, he will float down a short distance and walk normally.
- This can be fixed by the Dragonborn talking to Tyranus and initiate the quest "The House of Horrors." He will then enter the city.
- If Tyranus is attacked, the quest may go into the completed section, saying Tyranus is dead and the quest failed, even if he is still alive.
- If one cannot find Vigilant Tyranus, they can go to the Silver-Blood Inn and ask the tender about rumors, who will give his location.
- Tyranus may attack every Markarth guard in the area.
- Stormcloaks and The House of Horrors has not yet been completed. Tyranus may disappear if Markarth is taken by the