|Vigilants of Stendarr|
The Vigilants of Stendarr are a militant order in the priesthood of Stendarr, the Divine of Mercy. It was founded after the Oblivion Crisis to combat the Daedra influence. The Vigilants also seek to root out Vampires, Werewolves, Witches and other creatures that "show disregard for life and mercy."
Upon request, the Vigilants remove diseases from the Dragonborn at no cost.
In The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard, most members of the Vigilants have been slaughtered by the Volkihar Clan. One of them, Isran, has recently revived the Dawnguard in retaliation of this, the Hall of the Vigilant has been burned down by the Volkihar Vampires.
Level of Vigilants
Although there is only one type of Vigilant, they can be various levels as the Dragonborn levels.
|Vigilant of Stendarr||5||90||57||63||Potions, Books||Healing, Oakflesh, Lesser Ward|
|Vigilant of Stendarr||9||130||63||77||Potions, Books||Healing, Oakflesh, Lesser Ward|
|Vigilant of Stendarr||14||180||72||93||Potions, Books||Healing, Oakflesh, Lesser Ward|
Vigilant of Stendarr
|19||230||80||110||Potions, Books||Healing, Oakflesh, Lesser Ward|
|Vigilant of Stendarr||25||290||90||130||Potions, Books||Healing, Oakflesh, Lesser Ward|
Dragonborn: "You're a Vigilant of Stendarr?"
Vigilant: "Yes. Our order was founded after the Oblivion Crisis. We dedicate our lives to facing the threat of Daedra wherever they appear."
Dragonborn: "Who's Stendarr?"
Vigilant: "He is the God of Mercy. The patron of order and justice for all of Tamriel. We bring his compassion where none can be found, by cleansing all those who would offend his children."
Dragonborn: "You hunt daedra?"
Vigilant: "And any other abominations that prey on mortals. Vampires. Werewolves. Witches. But the Daedra are the worst. Their callous disregard for our lives is abhorrent in the eyes of the God of Mercy."
- Roads near Winterhold
- Killed by bandits on road southwest of Winterhold.
- Killing atronachs (depending on your level) randomly, in random areas
- Seen at random encounter locations all across Skyrim
- On the main road between Falkreath and Helgen
- On the road leading south east from Markarth
- Can also be found fighting Dragons randomly
- The road from Riften to Ivarstead.
- Three Vigilants can be found at Stendarr's Beacon southeast of Riften.
- On the main road leading out of Solitude
- By Anise's Cabin, near Riverwood.
- Just northeast of Darkwater Crossing, fighting a high-level vampire.
- Three vampires can be found masquerading around in Vigilants clothing (robes of restoration) three dead human bodies can usually be found nearby.
- Vigilant Tyranus
- Keeper Carcette
- Isran (former)
- Celann (former)
- Vigilant Tolan
- Vigilant Adalvald
- Unnamed Vigilants
- They attack Barbas if they run into him on the road at the beginning of the quest A Daedra's Best Friend. Since Barbas is a disguised Daedra and invulnerable, the Vigilants will have to be killed to proceed, (or wait for Barbas to kill them).
- They often carry various books concerning daedra, vampires, and werewolves, like The Book of Daedra, Immortal Blood, and Physicalities of Werewolves
- If a vigilant witnesses the player transform into a werewolf, all members of the Vigil encountered afterwards will be hostile - even in the case the witnessing vigilant was killed. Possibly a bug.
- Wearing a full set of Daedric Armor will sometimes cause the Vigilants to attack , so to avoid a fight with them, unequip the armor.
- They are seen to be wearing mage robes, hood, steel gauntlets, Amulet of Stendarr and steel boots.
- They will become hostile if one uses a non-damaging shout, (Eg. Clear skies), but only the ones found traveling. If a non-harming shout is used on one, the other will not become hostile.
- If Dead Thrall is used on one, the other will still follow the thralled one.
- Rarely the Dragonborn might run into vampires that will act as the vigilants. One way to tell they are vampires is that the dead bodies of the real vigilants will be close to them. Also if the Dragonborn gets to close to them, the vampires will become hostile and attack.