When inquired about his nickname, he will reveal that while on a job in Windhelm with Vex, their client alerted the authorities to their presence in the city. They were pursued by the guards and got separated. Vex was able to lose her pursuers rather quickly by blending into the shadows; however, Vipir was not able to lose the guards and ran out the main gate and ran all the way back to Riften. Upon arriving and seeing Vex and the rest of the Guild laughing at him, he only then remembered that he and Vex had left their horses just outside Windhelm. Vex had ridden hers to Riften, arriving hours earlier. Once he is done telling his story, he asks the Dragonborn not to tell anyone.
Vipir the Fleet is the Master level trainer in Pickpocket. He will only offer this service to the Dragonborn if they are a member of the Thieves Guild.
Niruin: "What in the name of Oblivion is going on in this place?"
Vipir: "Yeah, I know what you mean. If things don't start getting better soon, I may look for work elsewhere."
Niruin: "Hey, I still have a contact in Valenwood that may have some work for us. You're welcome to join me."
Vipir: "I'll keep that in mind."
Vipir: "I tried to fence some goods to Tonilia, and you know what she told me?"
Niruin: "I think I know, but go ahead."
Vipir: "She said that she barely had enough coin to cover it and I should come back later. Can you imagine that?"
Niruin: "This place is getting worse and worse."
Vipir: "How's the training going?"
Niruin: "Better than ever. With the Guild back on its feet, there's more coin to throw around. How about you?"
Vipir: "Couldn't be busier."
Niruin: "Let's just hope it stays this way for a long time."
Vipir: "So, Sapphire. Can I do anything for you, or more to the point... to you?"
Sapphire: "Vipir "the Fleet." The only man who's foolish enough to name himself after his bedroom prowess."
Vipir: "You stupid cow. You don't know what you're missing."
Sapphire: "No, but I know that you're going to turn up missing if you keep up this kind of talk."
Sapphire: "You know, things are really starting to move around here. I mean, look at the place. I've never seen so much merchandise."
Vipir: "Yeah, it's really something else, isn't it?"
Sapphire: "At this rate, the Guild won't be such a laughingstock anymore."
Vipir: "I agree. It'll be nice to get back the respect we lost in the last few years."
Vipir: "So, the ending of my tale I began earlier..."
Thrynn: "Is this your tale of single-handedly fighting off a pack of trolls or my favorite... where you bedded four women on the same night?"
Vipir: "Well, if you don't want to hear it, that's your loss."
Thrynn: "If I wanted to hear a tall tale, I'll read a children's storybook. Get some better stories, Vipir."
- "You stupid cow. You don't know what you're missing."
- "You're making waves around here. I like that. If you ever want to talk about anything, you let me know."
- "Hey, how's it going. Need pickpocket training?"
- "If you need pickpocket training, just let me know."
- "If you want to be a master pickpocket like me, I can get you there."
- "If you wondering why they call me Vipir the Fleet, watch me outrun the town guard sometime."
- "I've been a part of this Guild for as long as Mercer has been Guild Master."
- "I might not be as big as some of my fellow Nords, but in a fight they can barely lay a hand on me."
- "I wouldn't mind teaching the ways of the pickpocket... if the gold was right."
- "I miss the glory days of this place. We had more coin stacked in the vaults than we even knew what to do with."
- Unlike the other members of the Thieves Guild, the Dragonborn can give him a Book of Mara which he will respond with "Are you out of your mind?"