Vlindrel Hall is a purchasable property in Markarth. Like all of the homes in Markarth, Vlindrel Hall's interior and exterior are built in the Dwemer architectural style with a large golden door leading into the cliffside.
This house is the highest of all the homes in Markarth and offers a wonderful view of the Dwemer buildings, waterfalls, and surrounding mountains of The Reach. The Understone Keep is a short trip away, accessible along the upper walkway. The base price of the house is 8,000 and the total cost with all decorations is 12,200 (11,900 HF).
There are three methods of acquiring this home, all of which are listed below:
- Speak to Jarl Igmund, who has two "requests" to gain permission to purchase Vlindrel Hall and a third "request" to acquire the housecarl:
- Complete the "Liberation of Skyrim" quest, which allows for the purchase of this house from the new steward.
- Negotiate the exchange of Markarth during the Season Unending quest, making the new Jarl more open to allowing the purchase of the property.
Advantages and DisadvantagesEdit
- Even though the Abandoned House at the market place offers a free and handy starting point right at level 12, Vlindrel Hall offers a luxurious dwelling with nice expansions later on.
- Vlindrel Hall can be furnished with both an Alchemy Lab and an Arcane Enchanter.
- Endon, the thieves guild fence, is located nearby for convenience.
- It is a good choice for book collectors, as it boasts three large bookshelves conveniently located next to each other instead of scattered smaller shelves, as are found in Hjerim and Proudspire Manor. Also, unlike shelves in some of the homes like Honeyside, all three shelves are available for safely storing books.
- It has quite a few weapon plaques.
- Several collection quest ingredients such as Jazbay Grapes spawn in the entrance hall planters.
- It is the highest house in Markarth and offers scenic views of Skyrim and the Dwemer architecture nearby.
- It is not very cluttered compared to the other houses in the game, meaning clumsy players are not as likely to knock over items perched on top of shelves.
- It is very close to several merchants.
- Smithing amenities are available, including a Smelter, but they are located across town with a distance similar to that between Breezehome and Dragonsreach.
- Vlindrel Hall only has one exit, so discreet getaways may be difficult.
- With the Hearthfire add-on, the children's room replaces the alchemy lab, although there is an alchemy lab in the keep by the Hall of the Dead and in the Hag's Cure.
- Male adopted children do not enjoy living in Markarth, and will complain about it from time to time.
- It has by far the worst lighting of any house in the game.
- It has only one mannequin. This is below the mannequin counts of the other purchasable houses in Skyrim, with only Breezehome having none at all.
A selection of upgrades are available for purchase from the Steward after the house is purchased.
|Bedroom||800||This package outfits the master bedroom with a large bed, chest, shield plaque, shelves, display case, and other decor. It is a cramped room with the large bed and cupboards, so it is convenient that the kitchen is right outside with a cooking place and dining table with chairs.|
|Living Room||900||This package equips the home's largest and most central room with a large dining table, several smaller tables, three bookshelves, a display case, and other decor.|
|Enchanting Area||1,000||This package adds furniture and decor to a small enchanting laboratory adjoining the living room. This includes an enchanting table, shelves, a mannequin, two weapon plaques, two shield plaques, and four weapon racks.|
|Alchemy Lab||1,000||This package will furnish one of the small rooms adjoining the living room with the implements of an alchemist's laboratory. This includes an alchemy table, apothecary's satchel, hanging ingredients, and several shelves stocked with plenty of potions and herbs.|
|Entrance||500||This package adds floor mats, assorted pots, jugs and baskets, and two decorative planters growing various herbs and ingredients (including several featured in collection quests).|
|Children's RoomHF||700||This package either converts the alchemy lab to a children's room or, if no alchemy lab is present, adds the furnishings for a room for two children.|
If the Alchemy Lab is converted to a Children's Room, the barrels inside the room disappear, along with their contents. If the Children's Room is converted back to an Alchemy Lab, (another 1,000), the contents that were in the barrels are restored, in the mead barrel.
- 1 Mannequin
- 2 Weapon Plaques
- 3 Shield Plaques
- 4 Weapon Racks
- 4 Dagger Display Cases (The fourth case appears after the housecarl's room gets furnished)
- 3 Large Bookshelves (holding a total of 162 books)
See Markarth Home Decorating Guide for more detailed descriptions.
- Vlindrel Hall shares a name similar to Sir Berich Vlindrel from the Knights of the Nine expansion of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, however, it is unknown if they share any connection.
- Vlindrel Hall is one of the two houses that have the most luxurious housecarl rooms available in Skyrim, the other house being Hjerim.
- The fourth dagger case becomes available after the housecarl's room is furnished (upon becoming Thane of Markarth).
- The two pillars at the exit have glitched bases which flicker on and off, but this does not affect gameplay.
- Vlindrel Hall gets its name from the Vlindrels, a Colovian merchant family who were forced to abandon their home during the Forsworn Uprising during the Great War.
- Vlindrel Hall can be acquired for free in a manner similar to Proudspire Manor by using an obscured chest. With the appropriate funds, speak to the Jarl's steward to purchase it while he is seated beneath the Mournful Throne. When he mentions the key, immediately exit out of the conversation while he is still speaking, turn around and place all gold on hand in the chest in the alcove.
- Vlindrel Hall is the only home that has only one level, i.e., there is no upstairs or downstairs.
This section contains bugs related to Vlindrel Hall. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
|Click to see the list of bugs encountered|