Conjure Frost Atronach
|Resistance||Immune to poison|
Upon his defeat, Volsung drops the Volsung mask—one of the eight mysterious dragon priest masks located throughout Skyrim. Collecting all eight masks is a requirement for the unmarked quest to restore the dragon priest shrine.
- If the Dragonborn uses the Unrelenting Force shout on Volsung's coffin, it will cause him to be pushed out of it, rather than raise in his scripted animation.
- Volsung's Command Daedra spell is much stronger than the Dragonborn's, even if level 81 is already reached before encountering the Dragon Priest. As of patch 1.9, however, it may be possible to best his spell.
- Volsung can be encountered without even going inside of Volskygge. Simply go on the mountain above the first area of the ruin, climb up, and find the summit. There will be a word wall and Volsung's coffin, as Volsung rises out he can be killed and his mask looted. The word wall can also be used, all without having to go through all the areas of Volskygge.
- Volsung is extremely powerful whose skilled in the level 100 in Conjuration, Destruction, Alteration, and Restoration. High resistance in magic, so it is best advised to sneak up and use a bow or crossbow to counter him.
- Volsung's name might mean Air Horror or Horrific Air, as his name can be separated into two separate words: Vol, which means Horror, and Su, which means Air, in the Dragon Language.
- There is an Icelandic epic by the name of the Völsunga saga, which details the power struggle and fall of the Völsung clan. As the game focuses on the cultures of cold climate peoples, this influence is not surprising.
|Skyrim||Hevnoraak • Krosis • Morokei • Nahkriin • Otar the Mad • Rahgot • Vokun • Volsung|
|Dragonborn||Ahzidal • Dukaan • Miraak • Vahlok the Jailor • Zahkriisos|
|Online||Haldriin • Korthor|