|Location||North of Whiterun, just past Halted Stream Camp|
|Sublocations||Volunruud Elder's Cairn|
The Silence Has Been Broken
|Characters||Kvenel the Tongue|
- Skill Book (One-Handed): Mace Etiquette, found in the NW room that has the Throne surrounded by traps.
- Unique Item: Jeweled Amulet
- Unique Weapon: Ceremonial Sword
- Unique Weapon: Ceremonial Axe
- Unique Weapon: Eduj
- Unique Weapon: Okin
- Word Wall: Aura Whisper Shout
- Dragon Priest Dagger
- Heddic's Volunruud Notes - can be found near the entrance next to a skeleton.
- Night Falls on Sentinel, a One-Handed Skill Book found in a chest.
- Scroll of Ice Storm, found underneath the Burnt Corpse.
- Ore Vein: Iron Ore Vein (when searching for the ceremonial axe, it is located on a wall just before the room containing the axe).
- Silenced Tongues
- The Silence Has Been Broken
- Trouble in Skyrim (radiant quest)
- Find the copy of Chronicles of Nchuleft (random)
When entering, on the ground is Heddic's Volunruud Note (for quest) there will also be a skeleton sitting on a throne to the left that will attack. Proceed down a set of stairs to a room with four tunnels leading off in seperate directions, the tunnel to the southwest leads to a small room with some good loot, this is where Amaund Motierre will meet you for the Dark Brotherhood quest. The tunnel leading to the west goes through some catacombs in which some Draugr will attack you, once they have been dealt with continue down the dirt path (on the left face of the rock you will find a Iron Ore Vein) then continue into a small room were two Draugr will attack you, be careful as the ground has a few pressure plates, on the weapon display above the throne you will find the ceremonial axe. On the path to the northeast you be led to a room with a couple of Draugr standing on the other side, don't worry yet as they need to get down from there to attack you, go down the ramp and continue onwards (watch out for the swinging spiked gate trap) from there you will go into a small room were you will most likely have to fight the Draugr, then take the path to the right (the left just leads to where the Draugr were and has no loot) then climb up all the stairs and cross the stone bridge to where a Draugr will be waiting for you, on the floor can be found an Ancient Nord Helmet, to the right is an iron door, open it and go to the open coffin were two Draugr will attack, the ceremonial sword can be found in the open coffin. To the path heading north you will enter a hall with a table in the middle with a Ebony Shield (might be leveled but have not tested) on it, then open the door to Elder's Cairn (you will require both ceremonial weapons to do this).
once in, head down the path and on the right will be an urn for loot, then head around the corner to a bookshelf for more loot be careful going onwards a a Draugr will shoot arrows down at you from a bridge above, then proceed to room with yet another Draugr, dispatch him quickly then be prepared for a fight in which you will have to fight a couple of Draugr and Kvenel the Tongue, once defeated loot the bodies (especially Kvenel's Ghostly Remains as he carries two unique weapons) the search the room for potions and grab the goodies from the chest, once finished head over to the right of the chest to get the Aura Whisper Word Wall, up past the word wall and over a stone bridge (to the left is a chest on a small ledge, you will have to use Whirlwind Sprint to get to it) you will find a small room with an urn, a chest, a few burial urns and a few weapons/armor. to then leave you can jump off the bridge and head back to Volunruud.
- Kvenel usually only drops one of his weapons when killed, (randomly determined). If so, loot again later and the other weapon should be in Kvenel's inventory. However, if you still have no luck, then he will respawn later and drop the other weapon.
- Just before the throne, where Kvenel is seated, you can find some pieces of gold on the floor. It is difficult to see at first.
- Sometimes you cannot get the Word of Power in the final room.
- When preforming the "silence has been broken" quest, Amaund Motierre's assistant will attack you. This seems to occur when you have a bounty in Solitude / Haafingar.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)