- Main article: Wayshrines (Oblivion)
The Wayshrine of Akatosh is dedicated to the Nine Divines god Akatosh. A wayshrine is different from an altar in a chapel. An Altar of Akatosh can be found in major city temples and the Chapel of Akatosh is located in Kvatch. These wayshrines provide the blessing Jaws of Akatosh.
As with other wayshrines, the two wayshrines of Akatosh appear as a circular base of white marble, with a central 'altar' that may be activated to provide the blessing above. Surrounding this altar is a ring of marble pillars, with a toroid marble top. Some shrines also have a number of obelisk-like marble features around them.
The various shrines are in differing states of deterioration, with all featuring cracks and chips, some missing entire columns, the toroid marble top or sections of it.
It is required to find this wayshrine during the quest Pilgrimage that is added to the game by the Knights of the Nine add on.
Praying at Akatosh's wayshrine bestows the blessing Jaws of Akatosh, which grants the following abilities:
- Fortify Speed 10 pts for 600 secs on Target
- Cure Disease on Target
- Restore Agility 100 pts on Target
- Restore Endurance 100 pts on Target
- Restore Intelligence 100 pts on Target
- Restore Luck 100 pts on Target
- Restore Personality 100 pts on Target
- Restore Speed 100 pts on Target