- Main article: Effects (Morrowind)
Weakness to Magicka is an effect, ability and a spell in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind that is a member of the Destruction school of magic, governed by Willpower. Its base Magicka cost is 2.00 points.
- Altmer – 50% weakness to magicka
The following spells consist of a Weakness to Magicka effect. They may include additional effects. See articles for details.
|Weakness to Magicka Spells|
|Dire Weakness to Magicka||Spell||47||2||60||10||Target||0||✓||dire weakness to magicka|
|Elfborn *||Ability||0||50||50||Constant||Self||0||elfborn ability|
|Weakness to Magicka||Ability||0||50||50||Constant||Self||0||weakness magicka_50|
|Weakness to Magicka||Spell||8||10||10||5||Target||0||weakness to magicka|
|Wrath of Uthol||Spell||50||10||20||Instant||Target||0||wrath of uthol|
|= Available for purchase from a spell merchant.|
|* A component of The Apprentice birthsign.|
The following spell merchants are purveyors of one or more spells consisting of a Weakness to Magicka effect:
|Weakness to Magicka Merchants|
|Elynu Saren||Tribunal Temple||10||Suran: Temple||Dire Weakness to Magicka|
|Eraamion||Mages Guild||10||Caldera: Mages Guild||Dire Weakness to Magicka|
|Ervona Barys *||Imperial Legion||10||Ebonheart: Hawkmoth Legion Garrison||Dire Weakness to Magicka|
|Estoril||Thieves Guild||10||Ald'ruhn: The Rat in the Pot||Dire Weakness to Magicka|
|Felen Maryon||Telvanni||7||Tel Branora: Upper Tower, Therana's Chamber||Dire Weakness to Magicka|
|Laurina Maria TR||None||18||Mournhold: Royal Palace, Imperial Cult Services||Dire Weakness to Magicka|
|Marayn Dren||Mages Guild||10||Balmora: Mages Guild||Dire Weakness to Magicka|
|Mertisi Andavel||Telvanni||10||Tel Branora: Upper Tower||Dire Weakness to Magicka|
|Tinaso Alan||Telvanni||10||Tel Mora: Tower Services||Dire Weakness to Magicka|
|Urtiso Faryon||Telvanni||10||Sadrith Mora: Urtiso Faryon: Sorcerer||Dire Weakness to Magicka|
* This person's services are available to faction members of a sufficient rank only.
- This effect does not affect effects with no magnitude, such as Silence or Paralyze. This effect's magnitude directly corresponds to a percent increase in the magnitude of subsequent spells (e.g. ten points equals +10%).
- There is a one-second delay after casting a weakness effect before it is active. Therefore, if using a spell that simultaneously casts both weakness and damage effects, the weakness component will not be applied the first time it is cast.
The following effects are subject to Weakness to Magicka.
Weakness to Magicka and Resist Magicka are opposites, but equal. If they are present with the same magnitude, the two effects cancel (e.g. a person with ten points of resistance and ten points of weakness has no net effect). The magnitude of these effects can be subtracted from one another to determine a net magnitude. For example:
30 weakness - 10 resistance = net effect 20 weakness
40 resistance - 25 weakness = net effect 15 resistance
Unlike elemental weakness effects, Weakness to Magicka can not be used to break immunity (one-hundred points of Resist Magicka), because this effect is resisted by Resist Magicka.
- Weakness to Blight Disease
- Weakness to Common Disease
- Weakness to Corprus Disease
- Weakness to Fire
- Weakness to Frost
- Weakness to Normal Weapons
- Weakness to Poison
- Weakness to Shock