- Main article: Effects (Morrowind)
Weakness to Shock is an effect, ability and a spell in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind that is a member of the Destruction school of magic, governed by Willpower. Its base Magicka cost is 2.00 points.
- Altmer – 25% weakness to shock
The following creatures have this ability:
The following spells consist of a Weakness to Shock effect. They may include additional effects. See articles for details.
|Weakness to Shock Spells|
|Dire Weakness to Shock||Spell||47||2||60||10||Target||0||✓||dire weakness to shock|
|Fabricant Shock TR||Spell||100||50||50||5||Target||50||shockimperfect|
|Weakness to Shock||Ability||0||25||25||Constant||Self||0||weakness shock_50|
|Weakness to Shock||Spell||8||10||10||5||Target||0||weakness to shock|
|= Available for purchase from a spell merchant.|
The following spell merchants are purveyors of one or more spells consisting of a Weakness to Shock effect:
|Weakness to Shock Merchants|
|Elynu Saren||Tribunal Temple||10||Suran: Temple||Dire Weakness to Shock|
|Eraamion||Mages Guild||10||Caldera: Mages Guild||Dire Weakness to Shock|
|Ervona Barys *||Imperial Legion||10||Ebonheart: Hawkmoth Legion Garrison||Dire Weakness to Shock|
|Estoril||Thieves Guild||10||Ald'ruhn: The Rat in the Pot||Dire Weakness to Shock|
|Laurina Maria TR||None||18||Mournhold: Royal Palace, Imperial Cult Services||Dire Weakness to Shock|
|Marayn Dren||Mages Guild||10||Balmora: Mages Guild||Dire Weakness to Shock|
|Mertisi Andavel||Telvanni||10||Tel Branora: Upper Tower||Dire Weakness to Shock|
|Urtiso Faryon||Telvanni||10||Sadrith Mora: Urtiso Faryon: Sorcerer||Dire Weakness to Shock|
* This person's services are available to faction members of a sufficient rank only.
The following items consist of a Weakness to Shock effect. They may include additional effects. See articles for details.
Potions and scrollsEdit
|Potions and Scrolls|
|Scroll of Shockbane||Scroll||0.20||112||10||20||20||0||sc_shockbane|
Weapon damage varies by attack type (chop, slash, or thrust). Refer to individual articles for detailed information.
|Arrow of Wasting Shard *||Arrow||10||10||5||0||arrow of wasting shard|
|Arrow of Wasting Spark||Arrow||10||10||5||0||arrow of wasting spark|
|Trebonius' Staff||Blunt 2H||7||15||6||5||ebony_staff_trebonius|
* This weapon is erroneously enchanted with Weakness to Shock instead of Weakness to Frost as per other "Shard" items.
- The magnitude directly corresponds to a percent increase in Shock Damage subsequently inflicted (e.g. ten points is equal to +10% damage).
- There is a one-second delay after casting a weakness effect before it is active. Therefore, if using a spell that simultaneously casts both weakness and damage effects, the weakness component will not be applied the first time it is cast.
Weakness to Shock and Resist Shock are opposites, but equal. If they are present with the same magnitude, the two effects cancel (e.g. a person with ten points of resistance and ten points of weakness has no net effect). The magnitude of these effects can be subtracted from one another to determine a net magnitude. For example:
30 weakness - 10 resistance = net effect 20 weakness
40 resistance - 25 weakness = net effect 15 resistance
In Morrowind, immunity is synonymous with one hundred points of resistance, and Weakness to Shock functions as such. For example, inflicting twenty points of Weakness to Shock upon an immune creature such as a Hunger results in eighty points of Resist Shock. A hundred points of weakness completely negates immunity.
- Weakness to Blight Disease
- Weakness to Common Disease
- Weakness to Corprus Disease
- Weakness to Fire
- Weakness to Frost
- Weakness to Magicka
- Weakness to Normal Weapons
- Weakness to Poison