Welkynd Stones are bluish-white, glowing, magical stones with a metal inlay at their base. Created by ancient Ayleids, these items can recharge your Magicka if you select them in your inventory. They are one-time use items (like Varla Stones).
These stones are commonly found in Ayleid Ruins, where they can be found on the floor, or on top of various pedestals from which you can grab them, dislodge them with a spell or arrow, or use telekinesis. Note that Welkynd Stones do not respawn after three days, unlike other items.
There are 659 guaranteed with a possible 15 more from Vahtacen.
|Click to show|
- Herminia Cinna's House – 1
- Skingrad Mages Guild – 1 in an unlocked display case. Taking it is a crime, unless one is a member.
- Hall of Epochs – 18
- Aurorans – corpse loot – requires Knights of the Nine plug-in.
- Vanua – 9 – requires Knights of the Nine plug-in.
- Garlas Malatar – 16 – requires Knights of the Nine plug-in.
- Fingers of the Mountain, Part II – requires a Welkynd Stone for obtaining a Leveled Electricity spell of the same name.
- No Stone Unturned – Ayleid researcher, Lithnilian, found on the Imperial Bridge, asks that his research notes be recovered to aid in discovering the source of the Welkynd Stones.
- Illusion Training – Martina Floria requires 10 Welkynd Stones before training master-level Illusion.
Tips for acquisition
- If a Welkynd Stone is on top of a pillar and out of reach, try shooting it with an arrow or a spell – namely a fire spell, a shock spell, or Telekinesis.
- Drop Paint Brushes and climb them.
- Level Acrobatics and jump up to the stones. Using the Boots of Springheel Jak also work for this.