Western Watchtower is a fort located in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It is a ruined stone tower west of Whiterun. It is used by the Whiterun city guards to watch for any danger to the city that could approach from the west.
This crumbling keep is the battleground where the Dragonborn fights the dragon Mirmulnir. A banner bearing the Imperial Legion insignia is flying above the doorway to the tower.
- The watchtower only appears as a map icon after the Dragon Rising quest has started.
- Sometimes a Nord has a Falmer tag over his tag. He can be found here.
- If the Civil War questline has been finished in favor of the Stormcloaks, no guards are stationed here.
- If you approch the watch tower before Dragon rising it wil be destroyed. The only difference in the quest is that the grass is on fire.
- When standing on top of the tower, or when standing on the fallen rubble that makes a sort of ramped vantage point, it is possible to see a random weapon rapidly rising above it.