Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The White-Gold Tower (or White Gold Tower), also known as the Imperial City Palace or White-Gold, is an ancient Ayleid structure and one of the Towers of Nirn, located in the Green Emperor Way District of the Imperial City in the province of Cyrodiil.
Originally called the Temple of the Ancestors, the tower was the center of the Ayleid religion and the original home of a set of ancient Ayleid statues known as the Ten Ancestors. Its existence predates the rise of man and the writing of history in the Imperial Province. Today, it is used mainly as the home of the Elder Council and the priceless Elder Scrolls.
The tower is the tallest building in Cyrodiil, and can be seen from almost anywhere in the province. Most elevated locations amongst the land can easily be used as a surveying-post to look at the ancient wonder. The Thieves Guild quest, The Ultimate Heist, involves stealing one of the Elder Scrolls from the heart of the tower.
The Elder Scrolls IV: OblivionEdit
During the events of Oblivion, the White-Gold Tower serves as the "Imperial Palace" for noblemen and members of the Elder Council, as well as the Emperor (though at this time, no emperors are present) and members of the imperial family. Although the Elder Council resides in the Tower, they do more than debate the status of their Empire: along with the Moth Priests they protect the Elder Scrolls. The Palace itself is heavily guarded by Imperial Palace Guards, and the second floor and above are restricted to citizens and residents of the Imperial City. The Tower stands above Green Emperor Way, which is filled with the gravestones of fallen people who most likely served their duty in the Legion, or held a high status within the governing officialdom of Cyrodiil.
The Elder Scrolls V: SkyrimEdit
During the events of Skyrim, informaion indicates that the White-Gold Tower was sacked and damaged during the Great War. Damaged sections are being rebuilt and a new Elder Scrolls collection is being housed there as they are able to recover them.
The Elder Scrolls OnlineEdit
- Main article: White-Gold Tower (Online)
During the events of Online, the White-Gold Tower can be seen from the outskirts of the Imperial City, and can be reached by going through the White-Gold Tower Dungeon with the addition of the Imperial City DLC.
- In The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the White-Gold Tower can be seen, it is, however, a low detail version. The provinces of Cyrodiil and also Morrowind are present beyond the borders of Skyrim, although only the sections surrounding Skyrim are physical, going further will lead the Hero to fall through the scenery into water.
bBorderRegionsEnabled=0under [General]). : By disabling borders in the Skyrim.ini and Skyrimprefs.ini files (adding
, , , : Several ways are possible;
- (No wall-breach glitch required) Going further up the slopes beyond Fort Neugrad's treasure chest, towards the south-eastern mountain pass, one ends up outside of skyrim. Once on the other side of the mountain, the tower can be seen in the distance.
- Wall-breach glitching out of Riften using Whirlwind Sprint and a platter, then running south towards Cyrodiil. Once there, the tower will be within view.
- : By disabling borders in the Skyrim.ini and Skyrimprefs.ini files (adding
- In The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard, the White-Gold Tower is mentioned by the moth priest Dexion Evicus—he informs the Dragonborn that ever since The Great War, the tower has been in disrepair. He also claims that the Elder Scrolls have vanished from the tower, scattered by forces unknown.
- In The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, it is possible to climb the tower by dropping paint brushes.
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Mentioned, seen if borders are passed)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls Online