Proceed onto the main deck of the boat. Follow the stairs that lead to the bow (the front of the ship). Here a long wooden beam protruding from the bow (Bowsprit) is located. Carefully walk up the beam to the top where Windshear will be visible, wedged into the wood.
The enchantment of Windshear is described as "Bash attacks made with this weapon have a chance of knocking enemies down". In combat, this translates to block-bashing having a 39% chance to paralyze an enemy for 0.1 seconds. The brief paralysis results in the target entering rag doll mode, and it takes several seconds for them to get back up. Block-bashing is only possible when the off-hand is unarmed.
Additionally, Windshear inflicts a powerful stagger effect when used regularly in combat. This effect is more powerful than the aforementioned enchantment; rather than chance, every attack staggers any enemy 100% of the time.
- The stagger effect of Windshear is useful in defeating almost any enemy, as repeated strikes completely inhibits them from attacking or retreating.
This section contains bugs related to Windshear. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- arrow or a destruction spell, and retrieve it from the water below. The weapon may spawn under the forward mast, hovering in mid air making the weapon difficult if not impossible to acquire normally. One can, however, simply shoot this down using an
- This weapon also seems to get "stuck" in your hand when unequipped. This can be fixed by unequipping and reequipping any gloves/gauntlets.
- The weapon may spawn normally, but then fall into the water below.
- If the weapon is not in the water or embedded in the forward mast, sitting in the throne will yield a sound like that of moving a weapon, meaning it is possible that Windshear is stuck inside the throne.