Wisps are small, glowing phantasms found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. They typically appear with Wispmothers, and drain the players health by constantly using Wisp's Kiss. The have little health, and destroying them will also damage the Wispmother.
Wisps can be found around snowy locations, so they can camouflage themselves in the snow; they also appear in dungeons, tombs and caves such as Blackreach.
Wisps often float around other wisps if they are in the same area, but will attack if provoked. However, it's possible to walk among the wisps without them attacking. When killing a wisp/wispmother, a Wisp Core is dropped. If this is picked up some Glow Dust is gained.
- Wisps behave less like wild animals and more like ghosts and are treated as such.
- Wisps will not attack unless provoked or conjured by a wisp mother.
- If fighting wisps when running away, they will continue to attack and relentlessly pursue the Dragonborn.
- Unlike most creatures and animals wandering the wilds, wisps tend to wander around in the same area instead of roaming.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)|
|Animals||Bear • Cave Bear • Chicken • Cow • Deer • Dog • Elk • Fox • Goat • Hawk • Horker • Horse |
Ice Wolf • Mammoth • Mudcrab • Rabbit • Sabre Cat • Skeever • Slaughterfish • Snow Bear • Snow Fox • Wolf
|Creatures||Chaurus • Frostbite Spider • Frost Troll • Giant • Hagraven • Ice Wraith • Spriggan • Troll|
|Daedra||Dremora • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Storm Atronach|
|Undead||Corrupted Shade • Dragon Priest • Draugr • Magic Anomaly • Skeleton |
Subjugated Ghost • Wisp • Wispmother • Vampire
|Animunculi||Dwarven Centurion • Dwarven Sphere • Dwarven Spider|
|Dragons||Dragon • Blood Dragon • Frost Dragon • Elder Dragon • Ancient Dragon • Skeletal Dragon|