Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
If spotted from a distance, he can be heard speaking to himself and repeating the following lines:
- "The book in my dream showed me..."
- "There's nothing to worry about, nothing to worry about at all..."
- "They said it couldn't be done. They said it. They said it. But they were wrong."
- "To touch the sky like a dragon..."
Approaching the wizard will cause him to begin casting the flying spell. The spell works and he will shoot into the sky while exclaiming, "It's working, I'm flying! I'm really flying! Hahahaha!"
His amazement is short lived, however, as he yells out "What?! Ooooohhhhhh Nooooooooooo!!!!!" once he realizes he is plummeting towards the ground. He dies on impact but upon searching his body, a journal can be found that reveals some of his insane thoughts, and mentions a mysterious book containing secret hidden knowledge.
- This character is a reference to a Bosmer mage called Tarhiel from The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Tarhiel also created a spell that would allow him to travel great distances by shooting into the sky, or so he thought. Unfortunately he shared the same fate as the Wizard as he neglected to take the landing into consideration and fell to his death.
- It is possible to save the Wizard from his imminent death, although doing so serves no real benefit: Wait until he casts his spell and shoots into the sky. As he is falling and comes back into view, use the Ice Form shout to encase him in ice. This saves his life, but he will become hostile. A Calm or Pacify should make him non-hostile, though he offers no additional dialogue options other than generic greetings such as, "Oh, did you need something?"