Wolfskull Ruins are the remains of the underground stronghold of Potema Septim, the Wolf Queen, who in ages past had terrorized the surrounding territory until she was hunted down and killed. The ruins are currently held by a group of Necromancers who are trying to summon Potema back to life.
This area is inaccessible before the quest "The Man Who Cried Wolf." If Wolfskull Cave is entered before the quest has begun, the entrance to Wolfskull Ruins will be sealed off with ice, and all the enemies will be replaced with bandits.
- The Refugees, a Light Armor skill book – on the altar at the top of the tower.
- Moonstone ore vein – Near the beginning of Wolfskull Ruins, in the area with the oil traps
- Iron ore vein
These four necromancers are found accompanying the Ritual Master at Wolfskull Cave during "The Man Who Cried Wolf" are unique NPCs instead of radiant characters, the group includes:
- a Breton woman (0009655B)
- a Dunmer woman (00096559)
- a Nord woman (00028503)
- a Nord man (00028502)
- Bleeding Crown, Blisterwort, Fly Amanita, Hanging Moss, Imp Stool, Namira's Rot may be harvested here.
- There are two chests with some random loot.
- The necromancers and Ritual Master next to the altar never disappear nor respawn, making them great thralls for the Dead Thrall spell or the Ritual Stone power.
- friendly, although they do not offer follower option. Alternatively, one can summon them via Base ID and make them
- It is only possible to mark this place as cleared if the bandits are killed prior to visiting the Blue Palace and accepting "The Man Who Cried Wolf" quest from Falk Firebeard to clear this cave of necromancers, as killing the normal bandit leader is what marks the place as cleared.
- If the location is revisited after some length of time, the necromancers and undead beings will have respawned, and the ritual will appear to be underway again. However, upon reaching the top of the tower, the corpses of the necromancers will be found still dead, and the swirling lights will continue with no possible way to interrupt or disable them.
This section contains bugs related to Wolfskull Cave. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If a follower is present when clearing out the cave, they may get stuck above the hole leading to the ritual room. Waiting an hour before entering the ritual room after falling down the hole should fix it.