|Location||West of Solitude|
North of the Statue to Meridia
|Quests||The Man Who Cried Wolf|
Wolfskull Ruins are the remains of the underground stronghold of Potema Septim, the Wolf Queen, who in ages past had terrorized the surrounding territory until she was hunted down and killed. The ruins are currently held by a group of Necromancers who are trying to summon Potema back to life.
This area is only accessible during the quest The Man Who Cried Wolf. If Wolfskull Cave is entered before the quest has begun, the entrance to Wolfskull Ruins will be sealed off with ice, and all the enemies will be replaced with bandits.
- The Refugees, a Light Armor skill book - on the altar at the top of the tower.
- Moonstone ore vein
- Iron ore vein
These four necromancers are found accompanying the Ritual Master at Wolfskull Cave during The Man Who Cried Wolf are unique NPCs instead of radiant characters, the group includes:
- a Breton woman (0009655b)
- a Dunmer woman (00096559)
- a Nord woman (00028503)
- a Nord man (00028502)
- Bleeding Crown, Blisterwort, Fly Amanita, Hanging Moss, Imp Stool, Namira's Rot may be harvested here.
- There are two chests with some random loot.
- The necromancers and Ritual Master next to the altar never disappear nor respawn, making them great thralls for the Dead Thrall spell or the Ritual Stone power.
- friendly, although they do not offer follower option. Alternatively, one can summon them via Base ID and make them