- Two in Whiterun; behind Belethor's General Goods and in front of The Bannered Mare.
- One in Riften, next to the blacksmith.
- One in Windhelm, in an alley between Candlehearth Hall and the marketplace area.
- Four in Riverwood; around the mill, and one behind the inn.
- One in Druadach Redoubt Cave.
- Two in Dragon Bridge; outside the Lylvieve Family's House, and in front of the Dragon Bridge Lumber Camp.
- One in Haafingar Stormcloak Camp.
- One in Broken Oar Grotto.
- Two in Morthal.
- One in Uttering Hills Cave.
- Two in Anga's Mill.
- One at Hall of the Vigilant.
- One at Embershard Mine, to the right of the path leading to the bandit and the door.
- One in Half-Moon Mill straight across from the house.
- One in Halted Stream Camp, across from Tanning Rack.
- One at Mixwater Mill, by the river.
- One in Solitude on the northern side of The Winking Skeever.
- One in Dayspring Canyon, in the camp.
- One in Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary (Falkreath Hold).
- One in Darkwater Crossing, Northwest of Riften, West of The Atronach Stone.
- One just outside the entrance of Traitor's Post.
- One behind the house at Pinewatch.
- One directly outside the entrance from Lakeview Manor, atop a slight embankment beside the clay deposits.
- One outside the entrance of Pinemoon Cave, on the other side of the camp, next to the big tree.
- One in Skaal Village, southwest of the well in the center.
- Two in Raven Rock, one outside the mine entrance and the other on the docks.
- Unlike most other interactable objects, NPCs will not stop using it when the Dragonborn attempts to use it.
- Although they require Woodcutter's Axes to chop firewood on, most wood chopping blocks are not near one.
| Hard Worker|
Chop wood, mine ore, and cook food