| Base Damage:|
| Base Value:|
|Class: One Handed, War Axe|
The Woodcutter's Axe is a tool and one-handed weapon in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It is used to cut firewood at wood chopping blocks found throughout Skyrim, which can be used to create arrows (the Dawnguard add-on only), or sold to certain characters, such as Hod, Hulda and Gilfre.
These axes are very common throughout Skyrim, and at least one can be found in most settlements. The Dragonborn can also purchase a woodcutter's axe from Addvar, in Solitude. The following is a list of where they can be found:
- Mixwater Mill - Two can be found here: one adjacent to the door of Gilfre's House, and the other propped against the wall on which the mill itself stands.
- Goldenrock Mine - A single axe is found in a corner on a table.
- Mara's Eye Den - One axe is found inside, on an executioner's block.
- Gallows Rock - There are at least five throughout the fort.
- Calixto's House of Curiosities (Windhelm) - An axe can be found on the third ledge of a shelf to the left of the doorway to Calixto Corrium's bedroom.
- Ansilvund Burial Chambers - On the second ledge of a shelf to the right of three urns and to the left of a door.
- Embershard Mine - There is one somewhat hidden near the woodchopping block.
- Lost Knife Cave - There are three axes in total: one at the entrance to the large gallery with the lake and central pillar, one on the 'bar' in the bandits' living quarters, and one on a set of shelves just beyond that area.
- Pinewatch Bandit's Sanctuary - There are at least two.
- Prospector's Shack - By a tree stump near the shack.
- Grave Concoctions - Resting on a pile of logs next to the fireplace.
- Katla's Farm - Inside the house, at the top of the stairs on a dresser.
- Fletcher (Solitude) - On a table.
- Solitude Stables - Just inside the door on the right-hand shelf.
- Solitude - At the market stalls, on the left side of Addvar's stall. (Addvar is also the only know merchant to sell the woodcutter's axe)
- Thalmor Embassy - In the barracks, on a shelf.
- Northwatch Keep - Two are in the same room: one on a table, the other propped by a woodpile.
- Volkihar Undercroft - An axe can be found stuck in a barrel near the entrance.
- Dainty Sload - There are two in total: one on a crate on the deck, next to a gourd, and the other on the cupboard directly to the right of the Dragonborn after entering the ship.
- Ustengrav - There is one axe next to the wood pile in the small bandit camp at the entrance.
- Morthal - An axe can be found propped up against the mill, next to a pile of firewood and a chopping block.
- Abandoned Shack - There is an axe that can be used in the quest With Friends Like These…
- Anga's Mill - Three axes are found here in total: one by each of the two wood chopping blocks, and the third slightly further up the hill, on a box.
- Dawnstar - An axe is on the table just outside of Windpeak Inn.
- Abandoned House (Markarth) - Left of the cooking pot.
- Silver-Blood Inn - An axe rests atop a barrel to the right of the Dragonborn when entering the building.
- Treasury House (Markarth) - To the right of the Dragonbron when entering the main room, on a barrel.
- Arnleif and Sons Trading Company - To the left of the business ledger.
- Smelter Overseer's House - On a wood pile to the left of the cooking pot
- Understone Keep (Markarth) - On a stump near the forge.
- Markarth Stables - On a ledge down the hall to the right when entering the building.
- Lost Valley Redoubt - A little ways in, resting on the ground next to two piles of chopped wood and a campfire.
- Fort Sungard - There are three axes in total - two in total In Fort Sungard Annex, and one in Fort Sungard Oubliette. In the Annex, one axe is in front of a fireplace to the left of the entrance, and the second axe is down a two staircases next to two piles of chopped wood. In the Oubliette, the axe is on a table to the left of the Dragonborn.
- Froki's Shack - Four in total: two unowned axes outside, and two inside that must be stolen to be acquired.
- Honeyside - In the basement beneath the steps, on top of a bale of hay.
- Autumnwatch Tower - Just inside the upper tower, on the right.
- The Ratway (Riften) - One is found near the entrance on the floor, in the room just before Gian the Fist's room.
- Mistveil Keep (Riften) - Just outside the palace.
- Faldar's Tooth - No fewer than five axes can be found: the first is through the main entrance, at the bottom of the stairs. The second rests atop a broken pillar, amongst the prison cells. The third lies on a shelf in the same room. The fourth is found embedded in a dead wolf. The fifth is in the food preparation area.
- The Bee and Barb - Beneath the cellar steps.
- Broken Helm Hollow - In the room with Leifnarr.
- Bleak Falls Barrow - Next to the wood chopping block.
- Riverwood - One is located on a bench behind the lumber mill.
- Faendal's House (Riverwood) - Beside the pile of logs next to the fireplace.
- Alvor and Sigrid's House (Riverwood) - In the basement of the house.
- Fort Greymoor - There are three axes in total: one is in the room with the bear traps and dead skeevers, and two are on a shelf, the other atop a wood pile.
- Halted Stream Camp - Three axes in total: two are on the walkway above the entrance to the mine, and the third is next to the chopping block.
- White River Watch - An axe sits atop a cupboard.
- White River - On the road that follows the south bank of the river, an axe can be found next to a dead tree on the side of the road closest to the river.
- Snow Veil Sanctum - On the floor in front of the gate with the spike trap.
- Alftand Glacial Ruins - Two are located next to J'darr and J'zhar.
- The woodcutter's axe is the fourth-weakest weapon in the game (tied with pickaxe and shiv). Only the knife, wooden sword, fork and phantom sword rank lower in base damage.
- weapon rack, it seems to float horizontally, the axe's head facing the rack. While attempting to place an axe on a
- Pickaxe. When activating the wood chopping block with the axe drawn, the Dragonborn will sheathe their weapon, then another axe will appear in the Dragoborn's hand, despite it clearly being sheathed at the Dragonborn's side. Once the animation is over, the second axe will disappear. This also happens when mining ore with a
- dagger with the dagger in the main hand and the axe in the left hand, the axe will appear sheathed along with the dagger, with both weapons visible. However, the sheathing animation remains the same as any other left-hand weapon. The Dragonborn will simply lower their arms, and the axe will disappear from their hand. Sometimes when dual wielding a