It can be accessed by simply entering the barrow and following the path around. The mask is near some skeletal remains and a missive.
The wooden mask is unlike the other dragon priest masks. Its purpose is to gain access to the dragon priest shrine.
Wearing the wooden mask within the barrow sends its wearer back to a time before the destruction of Bromjunaar Sanctuary. The central focus of the sanctuary is the restored shrine. It should be noted that the restored shrine is only accessible by wearing the wooden mask within the barrow.
The dragon priest shrine contains the busts of eight Dragon Priests found in Skyrim. Any dragon priests who had been defeated will drop the mask that they wore. These masks can be displayed on its respective bust on the shrine.
A bust is available for the following masks:
- Volsung's Bust (see Volsung, Volsung Mask)
- Vokun's Bust (see Vokun, Vokun Mask)
- Otar's Bust (see Otar, Otar Mask)
- Morokei's Bust (see Morokei, Morokei Mask)
- Rahgot's Bust (see Rahgot,Rahgot Mask)
- Nahkriin's Bust (see Nahkriin, Nahkriin Mask)
- Hevnoraak's Bust (see Hevnoraak, Hevnoraak Mask)
- Krosis' Bust (see Krosis, Krosis Mask)
Once the eight masks are placed in each respective bust on the shrine, the final mask Konahrik is revealed. The other masks may be taken from the shrine once Konahrik is obtained.
Despite the enchantment being described as "The wooden mask hums with an unfamiliar energy," this has no actual effect.
This section contains bugs related to Wooden Mask. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- It is possible to lose the Wooden Mask forever if it's dropped on the ground or in an interior such as a house. When doing so, the mask may disappear when the player leaves the area and will be impossible to reclaim on console versions of the game.
- Archmage's Robes together; both the mask and the Dragonborn's entire head may disappear, showing only an empty hood.
When equipping a mask and the
- A short term fix is to drop the Archmage's Robes then pick them up again.
- Another fix is to store the mask in a container and then equip it directly from the container.
- This can be temporarily fixed by pressing F5, quicksave, and then F9, quick load.
- Clearing the Xbox 360 cache will also correct this issue.
- PS3 users can also temporarily fix this by saving and loading.
- Falmer Helmet, Ancient Shrouded Cowl, the Jagged Crown and circlets. It is possible to equip this item while wearing a
- follower, over time it may disappear from their inventory.
If any mask is given to any
player.additem <itemID> 1, and it will add the mask to the inventory again. To resolve this, use the console command
- To resolve this, use the console command
- If the mask is equipped and then replaced by another helmet directly after the mask was put on, it is possible to appear in the Bromjunaar Sanctuary without the mask visibly equipped.