The wooden mask hums with an unfamiliar energy.
|Class: Light Armor|
|Upgrade Material: N/A|
It can be accessed by simply entering the barrow and following the path around. The mask is near some skeletal remains and a mysterious note.
CharacteristicsThe Wooden Mask is unlike the other dragon priest masks. Its purpose is to gain access to the Dragon Priest Shrine.
Wearing the Wooden Mask within the barrow sends its wearer back to a time before the destruction of Bromjunaar Sanctuary. The central focus of the sanctuary is the restored Dragon Priest Shrine. It should be noted that the restored Dragon Priest Shrine is only accessible by wearing the Wooden Mask within the barrow.
The Dragon Priest Shrine contains the busts of eight Dragon Priest found in Skyrim. Any Dragon Priests who had been defeated will drop the mask that they wore. These masks can be displayed on its respective bust on the shrine.
A bust is available for the following masks:
- Volsung's Bust (see Volsung Mask)
- Vokun's Bust (see Vokun Mask)
- Otar's Bust (see Otar Mask)
- Morokei's Bust (see Morokei Mask)
- Rahgot's Bust (see Rahgot Mask)
- Nahkriin's Bust (see Nahkriin Mask)
- Hevnoraak's Bust (see Hevnoraak Mask)
- Krosis' Bust (see Krosis Mask)
Once the eight masks are placed in each respective bust on the shrine, the final mask Konahrik is revealed. The other masks may be taken from the shrine once Konahrik is obtained.
Despite the enchantment being described as "The wooden mask hums with an unfamiliar energy", this has no actual effect.
- It is possible to lose the Wooden Mask forever if it's dropped on the ground or in an interior such as a house. When doing so, the mask may disappear when the player leaves the area and will be impossible to reclaim on console versions of the game.
- Archmage's Robes together; both the mask and your entire head may disappear, showing only an empty hood.
When equipping a mask and the
- A short term fix is to drop the Archmage's Robes then pick them up again.
- Another fix is to store the mask in a container and then equip it directly from the container.
- This can be temporarily fixed on the PC by pressing F5, quicksave, and then F9, quick load.
- Clearing the Xbox 360 cache will also correct this issue.
- PS3 users can also temporarily fix this by saving and loading.
- Falmer Helmet, Ancient Shrouded Cowl, The Jagged Crown and circlets.
It is possible to equip this item while wearing a
- follower, over time it may disappear from their inventory.
If any mask is given to any
player.additem <itemID> 1, and it will add the mask to the inventory again. To resolve this matter for PC, use the console command
- To resolve this matter for PC, use the console command
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)