Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Similar to how grindstones upgrade weapons, workbenches are used to increase the effectiveness of armor. Any upgradable armors are listed in the workbench list, along with the upgrade material required to upgrade them. The effectiveness of an upgrade is dependent on Smithing level, any Smithing perks the armor falls under (if any), and any Smithing boosts (such as Fortify Smithing enchanted armor or the Blacksmith's Draught potion).
- Castle VolkiharDG
- Next to Alvor and Sigrid's House in Riverwood
- Directly next to Warmaiden's in Whiterun
- Outside the Blacksmith in Solitude
- Embershard Mine
- Windhelm, outside and inside the Blacksmith Quarters
- Rift Stormcloak Camp by campfire
- Riften, at the blacksmith's forge
- Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary
- Silent Moons Camp (Lunar Forge)
- Gloombound Mine (south-east of Windhelm)
- By the Penitus Oculatus Outpost in Dragon Bridge.
- In Sinderion's Field Laboratory, a sublocation of Blackreach.
- Markarth at Ghorza gra-Bagol's blacksmith's forge.
- Lakeview ManorHF
- The Katariah
- Next to Lod's House in Falkreath
- Fellglow Keep
- Fort Greymoor
- Fort Kastav
- Fort Greenwall
- If one uses enchantments or potions to improve their Smithing level beyond 100, it is possible to improve a piece of armor past Legendary quality. The "(Legendary)" tag, however, does not change.
- If an item is enchanted, it will require the Smithing perk Arcane Blacksmith to be improved.