Workbenches are a crafting station found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, found especially in or near blacksmith's shops, but can also be found in populated caves.
Similar to how grindstones upgrade weapons, workbenches are used to increase the effectiveness of armor. Any upgradable armors are listed in the workbench list, along with the upgrade material required to upgrade them. The effectiveness of an upgrade is dependant on Smithing level, any Smithing perks the armor falls under (if any), and any Smithing boosts (such as Fortify Smithing enchanted armor or the Blacksmith's Draught potion).
- If one uses enchantments or potions to improve their smithing level beyond 100, it is possible to improve a piece of armor past Legendary quality. The (Legendary) tag however does not change.
- If an item is enchanted it will require the Smithing perk Arcane Blacksmith and a smithing level of 60 to be improved.
- Next to Alvor and Sigrid's House in Riverwood
- Directly next to Warmaiden's in Whiterun
- Outside the Blacksmith in Solitude
- Embershard Mine
- Rift Stormcloak Camp by campfire
- Riften, at the blacksmith's forge
- The Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary
- Silent Moons Camp (Lunar Forge)
- Gloombound Mine (south-east of Windhelm)
- By the Penitus Oculatus Outpost in Dragon Bridge
- In Sinderion's Field Laboratory, a sublocation of Blackreach.
- Markarth at Ghorza gra-Bagol 's blacksmith's forge.
- Lakeview Manor
- The Katariah
- Next to Lod's house in Falkreath
- Fellglow Keep
- Fort Greymoor
- Fort Kastav
- Fort Greenwall