Wyndelius Gatharian is a character encountered in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
He journeyed into the Barrows in search of the Sapphire Dragon Claw. He wanted to stay within the Barrows, and fooled the villagers into believing the Barrows was haunted by, at first, rattling some pots to scare away a villager. Then, he created a potion that made him have the appearance of a ghost, walked outside the Barrow and waved his arm about, scaring the villagers. However, he soon grew mad, possibly as a side effect of the potion, and eventually began believing that he was the guardian of the Barrow.
He will start telling you to "leave this place...leave this place" once you get to the first room.
- In Ivarstead you are given a quest to investigate a haunting in the Shroud Hearth Barrow.
- Upon investigating the Shroud Hearth Barrow you encounter the "spirit" (because he uses the potion Philter of the Phantom) of Wyndelius, warning that you leave at once.
- You can retrieve Wyndelius's Journal which is found within his living quarters, shortly into the barrow.
- Philter of the Phantom
- Random amount of Septim
- Wyndelius's Journal
- Random Loot
- Wyndelius makes a fun Dead Thrall and has been known to apply his ethereal potion to permanent effect, making him appear ethereal for the duration of his zombiehood while still allowing him to do battle on your behalf.
- His journal indicates that Wyndelius has gone insane, either as a result of using the potion or, as he writes, by his frustration at being unable to find the Sapphire Claw. An indication of this can be found in his journal, where the penultimate entry is dated 4E 200, but the final entry is dated 1E 1050.
- Wyndelius shares an aspect with the Fallout: New Vegas monsters 'Nightkin', as both have seemingly gone crazy from prolonged use of an item that makes them transparent.
- When first encountering him (when he appears in Spectral form and warns the player to leave), if he catches the player pickpocketing him through the gate, he will immediately teleport around the corner to his living area.
- It is possible to kill Wyndelius when he is first met, by using a bow and shooting through the gate.
- He has an identical name to the Dark Elf Adventurer from Shivering Isles, Syndelius Gatharian, it is unknown if they are related.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)