He is a former Bard who studied at the Bards College in Solitude. He is now a mercenary, stating that more gold is earned by "swinging an axe" than by singing songs. As a former bard, he is a well-known ladies man.
When first spoke to, Yngvar will ask the Dragonborn if Markarth is bloody enough for them, if they say Markarth is bloody enough then Yngvar will tell the Dragonborn to go back from where they came.
Calcelmo asks the Dragonborn to find Yngvar in order to find out more about what Faleen likes. As a close friend of Faleen, Yngvar will reveal that she's got a sweet spot for poetry and offers to write a poem on the behalf of her secret admirer for 200 .
Yngvar can be seen talking to Vigilant Tyranus, before saying that nobody has ever lived in the house before walking off.
- "Blood and silver, friend. Blood and silver."
- "Just turn around and leave the city. That's the smart move."
Tyranus "So you don't know anything about this house?"
Tyranus "Anyone seen entering or leaving? Any strange lights or unusual noises?"
Yngvar "Its abandoned and its always been abandoned."
- After receiving the 200 for his Love Poem, he will run to the Silver-Blood Inn and get drunk. This will not happen if he is the housecarl for the new Jarl of Markarth.
- According to Bothela, the Silver-Bloods send Yngvar to her shop every once in a while to extort money from her, although similar stories are never heard from any of the other shopkeepers.
This section contains bugs related to Yngvar the Singer. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- After being exiled to Windhelm, he can still be asked, "Do you live here in Markarth?"